Converts a USB port into a 9-pin x2 male RS-232 serial port capable of speeds up to 920,000 bps.
The USB Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple.
Features & Specifications:
Installed as a standard Windows COM ports, Full RS-232 modem control signals, RS-232 data signals; TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND
USB cable of 3 feet (.8 meters) included
Powered by USB port
Supports Windows 98/SE, ME/ 2000 and XP Certified Drivers for VISTA and VISTA 64-Bit
The USB Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity with modems, ISDN TAs, PDS, handheld & pocket PCs, digital cameras, POS, serial printers, etc. It is suitable for remote access, retail and industrial applications, data collection and other applications requiring a High speed and or LOW serial communications port.
- Adds two RS-232 ports to your USB port.
- RS-232 data & signals: TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR, DCD, RI, and GND.
- Supports 300 to 920,000 baud (auto-sensing and self-adjusting)
- Supports Windows Vista/XP/Server2003/2000/98 (32-bit), Vista/XP/Server2003 (64-bit), Win CE, Mac 8.6/9.x/10.x, and Linux.
- Supports remote wakeup and power management.
- Plug and play (hot-pluggable, data format auto-sensing and self-adjusting).
- Port-powered, no external power required.
- No IRQs required, no IRQ conflicts.
- Compatibility: USB 2.0 (backward compatible) and EIA/TIA RS-232C standards
- Power Source: Port power from USB port
- Current Consumption: Under 100mA
- Output Power on Pin 3: About -9VDC
- Baud Rates: 300 to 920,000bps (auto-sensing and self-adjusting)
- Distance: USB side: 10ft (3m); RS-232 side: 16ft (5m)
- Connectors: USB side: Type A Female; RS-232 side: 2x DB-9 Male
- LEDs: 2x TX, 2x RX and 1x Power
- Dimensions (H x W x D):0.9 x 2.8 x 3.5 in (24 x 72 x 88 mm) (excluding cable)
- Cable Length: 3 ft
- Weight: 3.1 oz
- Operating Temperature: 32ºF to 95ºF (0ºC to 35ºC)
- Operating Humidity: Up to 90% RH (no condensation)
PIN ASSIGNMENT RS-232 Side (DB-9 Male Connector / DTE): Pin Function Description 1 DCD Data Carrier Detect 2 RX Receive Data 3 TX Transmit Data 4 DTR Data Terminal Ready 5 GND Ground (Signal) 6 DSR Data Set Ready 7 RTS Request to Send 8 CTS Clear to Send 9 RI Ring Indicator
DB-9 / DB-25 CONVERSION TABLE (DTE)
DB-9 Pin Assignment: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 DB-25 Pin Assignment: 8 3 2 20 7 6 4 5 22 Function: DCD RX TX DTR GND DSR RTS CTS RI
- Additional Information
SKU XC-232-C UPC 729440626846 Tech Specs Item Uses FTDI Chip. Windows XP Has Built In Drivers for this Device, True Plug-&-Play for XP and Vista! OS Compatibility Linux, OSX 9, Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows 98SE, Windows ME, Windows Vista, Windows XP